Tele-Squared: Live Peer Review & Observation of Tele-FIs
DATE: Friday, September 4, 9:30 am – 11:00 am
How to tele-peer review tele-forensic interviews. Want to understand better how to peer review virtually? This event will allow participants to observe a live group peer review of a tele-forensic interview. There will be opportunity for observers to ask questions of the FI team during freeze-frame breaks in the process. APPLY HERE
Forensic Interview Toolbox (FIT) Training
DATES: Monday – Friday, October 26 – 30, 2020, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
FORMAT: Live Webinar (Zoom)
TUITION: In state MDT partners (Maryland): $700/$650 early bird (paid by September 25th, 2020) | Out of state: $1000/$950 early bird (paid by September 25th, 2020)
TOPICS COVERED: Current forensic interview research, tele-forensic interviewing, child development, use of media/evidence, memory & suggestibility, cultural humility, dynamics of abuse.
This NCA accredited 32-hour training includes comprehensive instruction on BCAC’s Forensic Interview Toolbox (FIT), forensic interview protocol. Participants will learn best practices for questioning children and vulnerable adults (elder abuse and adults with disabilities). Practice interviews and mock trial will enhance learning along with content experts from legal, elder justice and interview lab research.
APPLY HERE by October 16, 2020.
For additional information, contact Crimson Barocca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-923-7007.
Tele-Forensic Interview Resources
With the arrival of COVID-19, forensic interviewers across the nation are looking for innovative ways to safely conduct forensic interviews. Tele-forensic interviewing has come to the forefront as a viable and defensible option. To help support our colleagues across the country, BCAC has set up a hotline for questions regarding TFI or TFI set up: 443-934-4396. Give us a call! We’re here to help! Below are some additional resources we have put together to help you:
- Tele-Forensic Interview Poll – Is your CAC currently conducting Tele-forensic interviews? Let us know!
- Tele-Forensic Interview Survey – BCAC’s FI Team, with guidance from Montclair State University, developed a tele-forensic interview survey/questionnaire for interviewers and CAC staff to complete to help gather national tele-FI information for the development of future training and practice. Please take a moment to fill out this survey to aid in the development of resources that may be beneficial to your agency following each tele-forensic interview you conduct. The survey is intended to be used/completed immediately following each tele-forensic interview and can be completed multiple times.
- Tele-Forensic Interview Webinar (recorded on 4/8/20)
- Introducing Tele-Forensic Interviewing to Child Victims (Montclair State University)
- NCA Tele-Forensic Interview Guidelines
- Tele-Forensic Interview Decision Tree
- Tele-Forensic Interview Room Setup
- Tele-Forensic Interview Shopping List