Position Title: Forensic Services Assistant
Supervisor: Forensic Services Coordinator
The Forensic Services Assistant has a significant role at Baltimore Child Abuse Center, Inc. (BCAC) in managing the agency’s schedule of forensic interviews, forensic medical examinations, scheduling transportation for families on a daily basis all while providing assistance to the forensic interview team. The Forensic Services Assistant is contacted by multidisciplinary team members (MDT) of BCAC partners (Baltimore City Police Department, Baltimore City Department of Social Services, Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office, as well as other referred agencies) requesting the scheduling of interviews and medical examinations. This position provides high quality customer service to children and intellectually disabled adults with their families that have experienced sexual trauma or a violent crime, as well as with MDT partners. This position acts as the first point of contact to the forensic interview team to ensure proper coordination of all appointments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and manage the agency’s schedule of forensic interviews and forensic medical exams
- Process information received for scheduling appointments and record as appropriate to ensure that all parties are properly informed of the appointments.
- Contact families/partners to confirm appointments.
- Schedule, arrange and confirm transportation to and from BCAC for eligible families.
- Assure agency partners are providing adequate pre-interview information/reports prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Track incoming CPS reports where an interview is not scheduled.
- Follow up with no-shows and cancellations by providing information to appropriate team members and rescheduling appointments, if necessary.
- Provide administrative assistance and support for MDT meeting facilitators and the Manager of Inter-Agency Partnerships as needed.
- Receive incoming emails and phone calls regarding potential reports of abuse from the community and respond appropriately and timely. Referral to CPS will be provided and as needed referral to BCAC departments expedited. All incoming community contacts will be documented in BCAC’s client database.
- Document when transportation services are provided for families visiting BCAC.
- Provide coverage for the front desk as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with supervisor.
- Complete DVD burning of forensic interviews within 24 hours of interview.
- Provide support for court transcription and data entry to Forensic Interviewers, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
Education and Skill required:
- Bachelor Degree Business, Management, Communication or related field
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, simultaneously and effectively manage distractions
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly preferred
- This position is full time 40 hours/week
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Benefits
- Parking available