Job Title: Mental Health Program Coordinator
Reports to: Mental Health Program Supervisor
This position will assist the Mental Health Program Supervisor in all aspects related to ensuring a proper and successful expansion of the current program as well as coordination of current programming. Position will provide duties in program administration, create and update policies and procedures for the department, and provide day to day support to mental health therapists and other staff. Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and flexible as this position will grow and duties may expand as the department continues to grow. Candidate should be familiar with or comfortable approaching and collaborating with the City’s Attorney’s Office, local law enforcement, Child Protective Services, and other community organizations working with at risk youth. This position may also provide crisis intervention, support and education to children and their families affected by violence and abuse.
- Assist with continual roll out of departmental strategic plan.
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures manual, update as needed
- Support team of mental health therapists – assisting with schedules, client transportation, client follow-ups and outreach, programmatic support and other duties as assigned
- Assist with new hire on-boarding process, facilitate office set-up and resource dissemination
- Manage departmental database, provide data to other departments and analyze, as needed.
- Provide immediate crisis intervention services to caregivers and youth impacted by trauma, as needed.
- Maintain a comprehensive list of community treatment providers and resources for families.
- Other Program Coordinator duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Program Administration or related field required
- Must have understanding of and experience working within a mental health clinic
- Training and experience in fields of child abuse and neglect, trauma and youth development Bilingual preferred